Terms and Conditions
The following terms and conditions of entry (???Terms???) apply to the 2020 Palmy Cup (???Tournament???) conducted and run by the (???Promoter???) Australian Esports League t/a Critical Hit Entertainment ABN 82 624 361 968 & the Greater Shepparton City Council ABN??59 835 329 843. This Tournament is sanctioned by the Australian Esports Association (???AESA???).
Registration and participation by an entrant to this Tournament is deemed as acceptance of these Terms and the Rules and Regulations of this Tournament. This Tournament is sanctioned by the Australian Esports Association and is subject to its policies and regulations.
This Tournament features games of skill, with each entrant individually judged based on merit with strict adherence to the Rules and Regulations of this Tournament. This Tournament does not feature games of chance.
The tournament Rules and Regulations for each game title can be found here
The Promoter and the AESA are not liable for any loss (including loss of opportunity) or damage (including, but not limited to, direct, indirect or consequential loss) or personal injury in relation to this Tournament or the use of, or participation in, the prize.
The Promoter reserves the right to:
- The final decisions for all matters over the course of this Tournament;
- To, at any time, verify an entry or entrant and disqualify an entrant the Promoter has reason to believe has submitted an entry not in accordance with these Terms; and
- To modify, suspend or terminate the Tournament with a minimum of 12 hours???notice to all entrants.
Entry for the Tournament commences on 11th June 2020 and concludes on same day of each week???s tournament being:
For Super Smash Bros. Ultimate:
Round 1: 30th June 2020 from 6:00pm AEST
Round 2: 7th July 2020 from 6:00pm AEST
Round 3: 14th July 2020 from 6:00pm AEST
Round 4: 21st July 2020 from 6:00pm AEST
For Rocket League:
Round 1: 2nd July 2020 from 6:00pm AEST
Round 2: 9th July 2020 from 6:00pm AEST
Round 3: 16th July 2020 from 6:00pm AEST
Round 4: 23rd July 2020 from 6:00pm AEST
Entry must be completed by the nominated person; a successful entry must have been submitted through the official registration form and meet the following requirements:
- Players may only play under one alias/user per game;
- Players must have an AEL Player ID;
- Players must have joined the official discord;
- Players must have created an account and have joined the tournament bracket;
- Players must provide their relevant Game ID/Code, In-Game Name and personal contact information;
- Players must be 15 years of age or older unless permission has been granted from their parent/legal guardian;
- Players must reside within the Goulburn Valley area; and
- Employees of the Promoter or the AESA and their immediate families, suppliers, associated companies and agencies are ineligible to enter.
Registration and Fees
Registration can be found on the 2020 Shepparton Cup website.
There are no entry fees payable for this Tournament and as such the Promoter and AESA will not request any collection of entry fees. No Administrators, staff or associates of the promoter are authorised to request or collect any entry fees.
Prize Pool – Prizes to be provided by Greater Shepparton City Council.
Prize pool will be broken down and awarded as per below:
Rocket League –
- First (1st) Place will receive $150 per player in gift cards.
- Second (2nd) Place will receive $50 per player in gift cards.
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate –
- First (1st) Place will receive $150 in gift cards.
- Second (2nd) Place will receive $50 in gift cards.
Schedule – Super Smash Bro’s Ultimate
Registrations Close: 29th June 2020 11:00pm AEST
Round 1: 30th June 2020 from 7:00pm AEST
Round 2: 7th July 2020 from 7:00pm AEST
Round 3: 14th July 2020 from 7:00pm AEST
Round 4: 21st July 2020 from 7:00pm AEST
Finals Playoffs ??? Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: 25th July 2020 from 11:00am AEST
Schedule – Rocket League
Registrations Close: 1st July 2020 11:00pm AEST
Round 1: 2nd July 2020 from 7:00pm AEST
Round 2: 9th July 2020 from 7:00pm AEST
Round 3: 16th July 2020 from 7:00pm AEST
Round 4: 23rd July 2020 from 7:00pm AEST
Finals Playoffs ??? Rocket League: 26th July 2020 from 11:00am AEST
All communication between the Promoter, administrators and staff will be conducted via discord, email, and through public notifications released on the website or through social media.
Entrants are permitted to withdraw from the competition subject to notifying the Promoter, administrators or staff.
Notification of withdrawal must be made at least 24 hours before a scheduled match.
Cancellations or Rescheduling
This Tournament or any part of it may be cancelled or rescheduled for any reason. Entrants will be given a minimum of 12 hours??? notice in the case of cancellation or rescheduling.
Conduct and Sportsmanship
To ensure the overall integrity of this Tournament all entrants are expected to uphold the policies and regulations of the Australian Esports Association, found here: www.aesa.org.au/policies
All entrants are required to uphold, observe and respect a reasonable level of sportsmanship. This level of sportsmanship is expected to be conducted prior to, during and after matches and during their general participation in this Tournament.
Unsportsmanlike conduct is not allowed. This includes, but is not limited to, interactions with other teams and general abuse or non-compliance towards administrators, staff or spectators.
Sportsmanship includes but is not limited to:
- Treating others with respect and courtesy;
- Maintaining a fair-play environment by not cheating, hacking, sabotaging or exploiting the game, equipment or systems to obtain an advantage;
- Maintaining an inclusive environment by not acting abusively, harmfully or discriminatively towards others over the course of this tournament;
- Using appropriate discourse and language when communicating with others, administrators, staff or spectators;
- Abiding by the Rules and Regulations of the Tournament.
Australian Esports Association
This tournament is sanctioned by the Australian Esports Association and is subject to its policies and regulations. All entrants are registered to the Australian Esports Association???s database during the registration process.
The Australian Esports Association provides policies and regulations that ensure the integrity of this Tournament, which are available at: www.aesa.org.au/policies
All data collected through the registration process will be kept strictly confidential and only used in relation to this Tournament, unless otherwise approved by you. Please contact the Promoter via email at email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns about how we will use and store your personal information or if you wish to exercise your right to access, modify or object to the use of or request the deletion of your personal information.
I understand and have been warned that participation in this Tournament carries risk. I, and if being a minor, my parent/s, guardian/s, for and on behalf of me, acknowledge that during all times that I participate online or on the premises of the Grand Final event at any location which is organised, approved or endorsed by the Promoter and the AESA as an activity for me to take part in, is at my own risk and I accept all risk.
I release the Promoter and the AESA from any claims by or liability to me for any loss or damage to property that may arise from any cause (including the negligence, act or omission of the Promoter and the AESA, administrators, staff, agents, independent contractors, voluntary workers, other users or participants, or spectators or other parties providing services).
I provide the Promoter and the AESA the right to record, film, photograph, create media outcome and to use the team (and any team member) names, likeness, images, pictures, voices, statements, quotations, appearances, performances and biographic material for promotional, marketing, publicity, commercial, non-commercial and/or editorial purposes in any media worldwide, without limit in time or runs. This grant includes all material in all form of media, including, without limitation, records, photographs, videos and footage created by the Promoter, the AESA, an agent, associate or by any third parties.