Registrations are now open for Season 1 of the 2022 Australian Esports University League (AEUL), which last year saw thousands of students compete across several titles.
Students from across Australia, representing their University, are competing in the AEL’s national University league in Dota 2, CS:GO, Rocket League, Rainbow 6: Siege and World of Tanks to win a share of the $13,225 Prize Pool and bragging rights as the strongest university in esports!
In 2022 the AEUL is proudly supported by a number of partners who share a passion for gaming and esports in Australia. These partners are:
- Predator the exclusive gaming pc partner back for their second year to power all our gaming needs, get your upgrade today at acer.com
- AOC the exclusive gaming monitor partner returning for their fifth year, get the best gaming experience with an AOC monitor at au.aoc.com;
- RIG the exclusive gaming headset partner who give gamers what it takes to win, check out their range at nacomgaming.com.
The AEL is committed to developing grassroots competitions that promotes healthy participation in esports that is focused on building community and showcasing talent. Students at any university can join their on campus esports club to get involved, play and show their support for their university’s teams.
AEUL Season 1 Schedule:
- Preliminary Phase – 21st March to 29th May
- Finals – Early June
To find out more, visit the AEL University Website.
Esports is the sport of playing video games. Students participating in organised esports experience similar benefits to any other sport! Esports involves teamwork, sportspersonship, communication and strategy.
Players who participate in esports programs are found to have a higher interest in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) and develop valuable life skills such as…
- Improved hand-eye coordination
- Improved attention & visual acuity
- Problem solving & strategy skill development
- Boosts self-confidence and player socialisation
Esports promotes participation
As more students take an active interest in Video Gaming, esports provides a structured activity centered around a hobby they love. Esports encourages participation in a social team environment where students can make new friends, develop their skills and experience the benefits of sport.
The AEL encourages all participants to incorporate physical exercise, nutrition and balanced study during their regime.