Terms and Conditions of Entry for CSGO
Last updated: July 17, 2017.
The following terms and conditions of entry (“Terms”) apply to the 2017 IESF Australian Qualifiers CSGO (“Tournament”) conducted and run by the Australian Esports League (“Promoter”) and sanctioned by the Australian Esports Association (“AESA”).
Registration and participation by an entrant to this Tournament is deemed as acceptance of these Terms and the Rules and Regulations of this Tournament.
This Tournament is sanctioned by the Australian Esports Association and is subject to its policies and regulations.
This Tournament features games of skill, with each entrant individually judged based on merit with strict adherence to the Rules and Regulations of this Tournament. This Tournament does not feature games of chance. The tournament Rules and Regulations can be found here: http://www.ael.org.au/rules
The Promoter and the AESA are not liable for any loss (including loss of opportunity) or damage (including, but not limited to, direct, indirect or consequential loss) or personal injury in relation to this Tournament or the use of, or participation in, the prize.
The Promoter reserves the right to:
- The final decisions for all matters over the course of this Tournament;
- To, at any time, verify an entry or entrant and disqualify an entrant the Promoter has reason to believe has submitted an entry not in accordance with these Terms; and
- To modify, suspend or terminate the Tournament with a minimum of 12 hours’ notice to all entrants.
- The top two teams (10 players total) from the online qualifier will be awarded a trip to Sydney, Australia which includes flights, accommodation and transfers.
- The winning team (5 Players) from the Grand Final will receive commemorative Trophies, and each player may receive prize packages provided by event sponsors.
- The winning team (5 Players) from the Grand Final will receive an invitation to join Team Australia and attend a trip to Busan, South Korea in November 2017, which includes flights, accommodation and transfers.
All prizes are provided by the Promoter as advertised in the Tournament promotion material found on the website. Prizes may be changed for whatever reason; however, all reasonable steps will be taken to ensure you are notified of such changes, at least 12 hours prior to the change taking effect.
Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. No responsibility is accepted for any variation in the value of the prizes. Transport of prizes to and from an event and all other ancillary costs are the responsibility of the winner.
Entry commences on the 17th of July 2017 and concludes on the 31st of July 2017 at 23:00 AEDT.
Entry must be completed by the nominated person; a successful entry must have been submitted through the official Registration form and meet the following requirements:
- A team must consist of five persons;
- Each person must provide their current and valid Steam ID, In-Game Name, and personal contact information;
- Open to permanent residents of Australia aged fifteen years or over only;
- To be eligible to play in the Grand Final, all players must be prepared and have permission to fly to Sydney, Australia to compete;
- To be eligible to play for Team Australian in South Korea, all players must have a valid passport with at least 6 months’ validity from 30th November 2017 onwards if they wish to compete;
- Limited to once per person and once per team, an entrant is not permitted to register or participate as part of more than one team;
- Employees of the Promoter or the AESA and their immediate families, suppliers, associated companies and agencies are ineligible to enter;
- Acceptance of the Terms, Rules and Regulations and registration to the Australian Esports Association’s player database.
Registration and Fees
Once the Registration process has been completed by the nominated person a confirmation email will be sent by one of the administrators of this Tournament. Shortly after the team will be listed in the leaderboard on the website and will be notified of any changes or updates.
There are no entry fees payable for this Tournament.
Registration is free, the Promoter and the AESA will not request any collection of entry fees. No administrators, staff or associates of the Promoter are authorised to request or collect any entry fees.
All communication between the Promoter, administrators and staff will be conducted via email, direct mobile phone call, Discord, through public notifications released on the website or through social media.
The official discord channel for this Tournament is: [https://discord.gg/UxvExqg]
Entrants are permitted to withdraw from the competition subject to notifying the Promoter, administrators or staff.
A team is permitted to withdraw entirely or it may withdraw one or more registered players, full details of substituted players must be provided to the Promoter, administrators or staff.
Substitution is limited to two players maximum per team, a substitute player must not be registered for any other team.
Notification of withdrawal or substitution must be made within 24 hours of a scheduled match to the Promoter, administrators or staff.
Cancellations or rescheduling
This Tournament or any part of it may be canceled for any reason. Entrants will be given a minimum of 12 hours’ notice in the case of cancellation.
This Tournament or any part of it may be rescheduled for any reason. Entrants will be given a minimum of 12 hours’ notice in the case of rescheduling.
Conduct and Sportsmanship
To ensure the overall integrity of this Tournament all entrants are expected to uphold the policies and regulations of the Australian Esports Association, found here: www.aesa.org.au/policies
All entrants are required to uphold, observe and respect a reasonable level of sportsmanship. This level of sportsmanship is expected to be conducted prior to, during and after matches and during their general participation in this Tournament.
Unsportsmanlike conduct is not allowed. This includes, but is not limited to, interactions with other teams and general abuse or non-compliance towards administrators, staff or spectators.
Sportsmanship includes but is not limited to:
- Treating others with respect and courtesy;
- Maintaining a fair-play environment by not cheating, hacking, sabotaging or exploiting the game, equipment or systems to obtain an advantage;
- Maintaining an inclusive environment by not acting abusively, harmfully or discriminatively towards others over the course of this tournament;
- Using appropriate discourse and language when communicating with others, administrators, staff or spectators;
- Abiding by the Rules and Regulations of the Tournament.
Australian Esports Association
This tournament is sanctioned by the Australian Esports Association and is subject to its policies and regulations. All entrants are registered to the Australian Esports Association’s database during the registration process.
The Australian Esports Association provides policies and regulations that ensure the integrity of this Tournament, which are available at: www.aesa.org.au/policies
The winners of this tournament are offered a position in Team Australia, to wear the national uniform on the world stage and represent Australia at the 9th Esports World Championships, hosted by the International Esports Federation in Busan, South Korea from the 8th-12th November 2017. All entrants approve their participation in Team Australia during competition and promotional activities, agreeing to wear the national uniform during competitive play and represent sponsors of Team Australia until the conclusion of the 9th Esports World Championship.
All data collected through the registration process will be kept strictly confidential and only used in relation to this Tournament, unless otherwise approved by you.
Please contact the Promoter via email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns about how we will use and store your personal information or if you wish to exercise your right to access, modify or object to the use of or request the deletion of your personal information.
I understand and have been warned that participation in this Tournament carries risk. I, and if being a minor, my parent/s, guardian/s, for and on behalf of me, acknowledge that during all times that I participate online or on the premises of the Grand Final event at any location which is organised, approved or endorsed by the Promoter and the AESA as an activity for me to take part in, is at my own risk and I accept all risk.
I release the Promoter and the AESA from any claims by or liability to me for any loss or damage to property that may arise from any cause (including the negligence, act or omission of the Promoter and the AESA, administrators, staff, agents, independent contractors, voluntary workers, other users or participants, or spectators or other parties providing services).
I provide the Promoter and the AESA the right to record, film, photograph, create media outcome and to use the team (and any team member) names, likeness, images, pictures, voices, statements, quotations, appearances, performances and biographic material for promotional, marketing, publicity, commercial, non-commercial and/or editorial purposes in any media worldwide, without limit in time or runs. This grant includes all material in all form of media, including, without limitation, records, photographs, videos and footage created by the Promoter, the AESA, an agent, associate or by any third parties.